Dollar General provides Youth Literacy Grants that can be used to support Reading Plus or Lexia implementation
What are Dollar General Youth Literacy Grants?
Dollar General Youth Literacy Grants provide funding to schools, public libraries, and nonprofit organizations to help students who are below grade level or experiencing difficulty reading. Grant funding is provided to assist in the following areas:
- Implementing new or expanding existing literacy programs
- Purchasing new technology or equipment to support literacy initiatives
- Purchasing books, materials or software for literacy programs
To be eligible, an organization…
- Must be a school or 501c3
- Must be within 20 miles of a Dollar General store.
- Cannot have received grants from Dollar General in both of the previous two years
- Must provide literacy programs that target K-12th grade students who are:
- below grade level readers;
- readers with learning disabilities;
- English Language Learners; or
- students with Individualized Education Plans (IEP)?
Deadline and Dollars
- Deadline to apply: May 19, 2016 (11:00 p.m. CST)
- Grant Announcement: September 1, 2016
- Maximum Grant Amount: $4,000
How to Apply?
To apply, you simply answer a few eligibility questions, then create an account and complete an application.