Now Hiring: AEI Account Executives, Kentucky
Posted Date: April 17, 2020
We Are Academic Edge
We are the Academic Edge, a software provider of educational programs for the states of Kentucky and Ohio. We are very well known in the state of Kentucky, supplying not only the best reading and math online software but also the best customer service and professional development. We are dedicated to empowering literacy and math educators and students through personalized learning and adaptive assessment. The Academic Edge currently helps over 300,000 students learn to read, and we are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our mission driven team.
At Academic Edge we speak, learn, and interact differently; we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Academic Edge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Position: Educational Sales Consultant
Be part of our growth as an Educational Sales Consultant. You act as an educational Account Executive and provide districts with software and implementation services proven to help all students of all abilities become proficient readers!
This role will be in one of our KY territories ( Western, South Central, Central, Northern, Eastern or Jefferson County and North Central)
- Develop and manage an overall action plan to achieve quota for your territory
- Drive new sales for priority accounts
- Drive renewals and expansion of existing priority accounts
- Initiate and develop relationships with key decision-makers in priority accounts – from initial contact to close
All About You
INITIATIVE: You consistently take actions to show initiative in creating thoughtful and sustainable approaches to your work and act strategically in order to develop appropriate business opportunities. You have implemented plans for prospecting and keeping the new sales pipeline full.
ACCOUNTABLE: You hold yourself accountable for staying up-to-date on industry trends, maintaining efforts toward strategic company sales goals, and maintaining records of the sales process in our Customer Relations Management software.
COLLABORATIVE: You are a valued collaborator and adviser with internal stakeholders and customer decision makers in order to drive opportunities towards impactful and strategic goals.
ADAPTABLE: You are comfortable and able to easily manage the changing market landscape. You understand the importance of adapting to the customers’ needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage/share a geographic territory to achieve all sales goals
- Lead and manage each step of a complex sales process, including:
- Market and target networking activities to identify and reach out to prospective customers
- Research probable purchasers of Academic Edge products
- Introduce our products over the phone or in person to create awareness/interest
- Deliver excellent live/Zoom demonstrations to individuals and groups
- Effectively communicate our products pedagogy, research, features and benefits
- Develop school-level and district relationships
- Develop strategic plans (pre-sales) for large (District) accounts
- Collaborate with our team to produce results for your territory
- Maintain customer information, track activity and results using our CRM, google sheets, and other tools for your territory
- Provide market feedback– competitive information to Academic Edge management about your territory
- Activity Levels: 12-16 sales calls/week (telephone, Zoom or onsite meetings); 25 to 50 emails a week, snail mails and other touches
- Travel while maintaining high productivity level
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- Teaching experience
- Successful sales experience and account executive/ field territory management background, specifically selling into pre-K – 12 school districts, preferably a technology and curriculum (reading) based product
- Strong knowledge of your geographical territory, including contacts in K-12 education.
- Demonstrated ability to use questioning to uncover client needs, and then propose solutions or those needs in order to close new and renewal business opportunities and meet new revenue targets on an ongoing basis.
- Track record of goal attainment, proven and continued success in selling and closing customers including remotely and in-person, by creating value, and managing a pipeline.
QUICK TO LEARN
- Professional and proficient usage of a CRM tool and Google
- Strong speaking and presentation skills (i.e. a demonstrated ability through previous experience delivering product presentations to groups and individuals)
- Ability to develop account relationships and collaborate with management on strategies to achieve new revenue goals.
- Ability to travel up to 60%+
Contact us today. Let’s see if we are a good fit!
Posted in: Latest News